- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 C reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBLS sweet sherry
- 2 TBLS seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 TBLS peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBLS canola or oil
- 1/2 C slivered almonds
- 5 green onions, cut into 1/4 inch lengths
- 1 C chicken broth
- 2 TBLS cornstarch dissolved in 1 TBLS chicken broth
Preparation & Directions
Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. In a bowl, stir together soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, ginger and garlic. Add the chicken, stir and let stand 15 minutes or up to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Place wok over high heat. When pan is hot, add oil. Add almonds and toss and stir until nuts begin to deepen in color, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer nuts to a plate. Immediately after, add the green onions and toss and stir until their color brightens, about 30 seconds.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer onions to plate with nuts. Using the slotted spoon, lift the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade and add the chicken to the pan. Toss and stir until opaque, about 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and marinade and bring to a boil. Add back nuts and onions and quickly stir in the cornstarch mixture, stirring until thickened, about 30 seconds. Serve over brown or white rice.
* You can easily add zucchini or green beans that have been blanched beforehand.
FROM: Williams Sonoma - Chicken for Dinner
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 5-10 minutes
SERVES: 3-4 adults