Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is an effective natural bacteria-fighting agent that contains many vital minerals and trace elements such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, chlorine, sodium, sulfur, copper, iron, silicon and fluorine that are vital for a healthy body. Apple Cider Vinegar kills germs and nourishes the body at the same time, therefore, is a wonderful natural cure for a number of ailments. In particular, it has been known to:
1. Reduce sore throats - Gargle with a mixture of 1 teaspoon of ACV to half a cup of water, using 3 mouthfuls of mixture each hour. Don’t swallow the gargled mixture, because ACV acts like a sponge drawing out throat and mouth germs and toxins.
2. Cure skin conditions such as acne - Dilute the Apple Cider Vinegar in water by one part of vinegar and 3 to 4 parts of water. Apply the solution directly to your skin with clean cotton, and leave it there for about ten minutes. After ten minutes, rinse off the vinegar. Repeat this three times a day. For severe cases of acne, the solution can be used overnight without rinsing.
3. Cure constipation - For an effective treatment of constipation, add 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar into an 8 oz glass of water, and drink this mixture three times a day.
Personally, I have used it for acne, yeast infections and sore throats and in all cases it really did work!
4. Improve Diahrrea - The high pectin concentration in the vinegar soothes the irritated lining of the colon. A suggested dosage is to mix 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar into an 8 oz glass of water, and drink this 3 times a day.
5. Balance high choleserol - The fiber in ACV helps to absorb fats and cholesterol by expelling them from the body as waste materials.
6. Reduce Candida (yeast infections) - Candida is caused by the unbalance of acid levels in the body. Making a solution of ACV in warm water and applying topically can help with the symptoms.
7. Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise
8. Strengthen the immune system
9. Improve digestion
These are really just to name a few of the many benefits from this awesome vinegar. Personally, I have used it for acne, yeast infections and sore throats and in all cases it really did work!
It is important when purchasing the vinegar that you get one that is unfiltered. I have been able to find it at both Whole Foods as well as Trader Joes.